Pages

Friday 3 May 2013

LIFE IS ALSO WHAT HAPPENS INSTEAD……..



 We are a generation that can attach ourselves to clouds and then probably float down in our dreams, sliding off the edges of a rain drop as it splashes into an ocean. Which is probably just having a bad day sloshing around in god’s gigantic wine glass (sorry, but my God is a Greek epicurean God!!)

We are also an all knowing Apple and Banana {republic;)} following, Right here,right now, if not,  I will Google you here and I know exactly what I want, generation.(not very far ahead of Adam & Eve and apes)

Generationally challenged, In my dreams I was obsessively crunching over unknown similar looking pebbles, striding purposefully towards a coffee shop, imagining losing myself and my lips inside a foam that is sprinkled with nutmeg and cinnamon, just so and finally my tongue discovering that hot bite of chocolate beneath the foamy surface Ahh!!( I do not like coffee),but what I know is that the door I am opening has got me exactly where I want. I stand inside the shop breathe in the aroma ( I love the smell of coffee). I feel I have arrived.
 With this feeling I simulate my emotions to mirror a smug cat, with creamed whiskers.


To be where you want exactly, is a placement in the dimensions of the universe that is governed by equations, which are a function of Time , space and variables.

Now what happens when you do not fit? What happens when your purposeful walk is halted by a closed sign?All those images on hologram mode star trek style come crashing around, to the pebble level around your feet.

Do we take it as a sign that the equation was not meant to factor in the heat of the hot chocolate,do we quietly stride away?

Variable in question now is intensity.For me because I have a vivid imagination,the images are like a live news flash with HD CLARITY and DOLBY sound effects, and as we are the google on my smart phone generation So(if the time factor in the equation permits)I Google walk following my nose (please refrain from images of a monkey sniffing in the air,it’s a more refined gentle sniffing walk,preferably insert images of sauntering diva)  I walk till I find myself holding handles of a door that has an open sign.I walk because I know opening those doors will get me exactly where I want.

If I factor in a walk along with an over active, desirous imagination,then the conclusion my dream would reach would still be the same. This time though the governing elements were different from knowledge of the path and everyday Hi- Tech autopilot. The equation is also variable, we realize. It also exists in multiple dimensions and there is never one correct answer and there is never one correct way of getting it right.

This time a different approach gave me the same smug cat look albeit five minutes down the dream lane.


However at the end of any timed , evaluated dream sequence,(maybe you dream of winning Jet Ski’s and lucky drawing Louis Vuitton’s,or just a constant rain shower of Tom Cruise,Brad Pitt and Bradley Cooper’s,or of simple men who cook you meals ,while pouring you wine,its just dreams after all) 

After giving it our best shot(not sling shot,more the dart board focused shot)if we still do not arrive at the conclusion we desire, even after factoring in the constant and variable elements like knowledge,Dedication, hard work,love, luck,black magic,voodoo,magic charms,and in my case warped Google Maps. I realize when we get our test papers back that the “what” was wrong and I was as they say barking up the wrong tree. And no amount of astrological charts will align me with the path A.

But as every solution is an answer to a WHAT. The journalistic “what” in this is a very important point, we are all levitating around.


The need is then to look around and discover the INSTEAD WHAT,or Path B.
And work on that. Maybe it was Hot chocolate I wanted but something else I NEEDED.
Transmuting of desires is a lesson rigidity will do well to learn from.

As I condense down in my dreams, eventually, clutching that rain drop (holding my hot chocolate with one hand does not help with the grip) and crashing into the ocean.
I get thrashed around till I sink right in, level after level,dreaming still of the skies and soft tuffity nutmeg clouds.

But all of us cannot always land up in the clouds again, Evaporation is an extremely tough concept for some lazy people like me, ^ what like flying and then skydiving?  Seriously????? ^

Crashed and burned once already,this dream is seriously making me work. I join the army of droplets floating around lazily brushing against each other in the ocean,some of whom will end up washed up on a beach,sipping a Gin and Tonic which is actually my first LOVE before hot chocolate,and always an answer to WHAT do I want? ;) I plan to be that ‘some’, C’mon this is not a nightmare it’s a good happy ending dream. I will let my self flow with the tide, on the life raft of droplets floating gently towards the beach.

So, with sun warmed sand conducting right onto my behind and in between my toes. With one hand curling around my chilled glass and one hand in the chips packet, I feel exactly where I want to be and more so. SIGH!!!!What equation? What plan? What dream?  Just ‘In the moment’.




No comments:

Post a Comment