Pages

Wednesday 29 May 2013

LOVE SPRINGS

In the summer I jump into my car and jump out of my skin because of the heat that sizzles me brown,gingerly holding the steering waiting for the blessed air conditioning to kick in which is also very temperamental in my Elvis(my stately hatchback)I drive, when my toes curl and loose sensation with the cold that's creeping slowly and wickedly up ,I turn the heating towards them and still I drive.

Do you drive to music? I drive to music,it livens up my spirits, transporting me in my aluminum can to a destination that only music can live in to cover up, for the world that's going mad outside,courtesy seasons or just plain mad traffic.So If I have to turn right and its taking me time,do I even turn and look at the poor soul glaring at me from the car behind,because what drowns it out?...Music.its only when the the summer chases the cold fingers away and that I turn it down ,and let the 'out' seep in.

 When I move my eyes up wards, the sunlight streams through leaves,who part this light,partitioning it into rays that fall separately onto my vision frame,softening the same scenery which will be angrier and harsher in its toll on me when I go past them in the angry summer sun months.switching hands on the steering to cool them off.

This is the time for butterflies,to fluff up their wings and spread them into a flutter over the path kissed by sun streams.

I change the gear,a little to the left to let the car behind me go ahead,my feet and hands move automatically enlivened by the magic that is winding up my system making it easy to lose my self once more,slowing down,because the impact  of the bloom each flower brings,is an effect that a bouquet on credit card delivery can hardly compare.Drugged.

Riot of colour, they line the sides of roads, as I drive past, some of them are in an orderly,lined,manicured and absolute gardeners’ pet flower show perfection display,and some just growing in wild abandon,straining in all directions to grow just a little more.throw in a little breeze and you see them Dancing to the tune of the golden globe. Awarding it with their colorful turn out.


I am drugged.I am totally intoxicated.Why am I so touched?do I  have a poetic soul?Why do I feel the rhythm of each flower swaying?Why does the golden sunlight make me feel rich?I don't know.Plus  my mommy taught me I have to accept gifts with grace.And It was only when I was very little and a little less greedy that I had the ability to refuse money given by relatives;however as the years crawled by I became the professional,one time shy no,second time grab it with thank you girl.so even today whatever the gift,whoever it be from,I grab and generate happiness NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

Returning to the drive in spring that throws beautiful golden bouquets at me which makes me so poetic.

The chords in our little setting are strung right from heaven to create a music in my heart.I am serious there is a warmth around my central being that makes me almost saintly benevolent.Almost!

 And it all sounds too poetic,but its this music that makes me love spring.The happiness painted around sneaks into my system.Looking ahead,my vision softened by the golden fire that has spread to my heart,bringing the happiness that starts right at the bottom,playing catch up with me as I speed ahead,leaving behind a trail of chains;chains of rigid cold fingers,chains of weeping monsoons,chains fallen off hopes that were tied down to invisible spider threads, to spiral and settle down mingling their identity with the sands of time,to loose their very essence,freeing me to zoom ahead.an explorer to destination unknown.

(Actually Im headed home,to tea,peppermint in my light blue Jug of a Mug,nothing unknown about it,but a little anonymity on my mug's behalf for the sake of poetry...AHH!!!an easy sacrifice )

No comments:

Post a Comment