Pages

Friday 12 April 2013

!!!!AND IT'S A WRAP WRAP WRAP!!!!!!!!


Rubbing my fingers softly against the smooth feel of the mound, pressing tentatively at first and then with a little pressure on it, my heart curls with thrill and as it softly compresses in, dimpling a little and then going further in ….I sigh!! Each and every time
The pleasure that courses through me via the satiny surfaces touches my joyous chords.

And each and every time, it bursts with a little phutt!!, (Now what did you think I was talking about?) I sing with every compression, I dance up and down with the sensations of pure unadulterated joy!!

 And in this case, (of course I am still talking about the bubble wrap bursting ritual)  one is just too less and I keep going phutt phutt phutt!!!.the softness, the pop. One of the only pleasures of packing.

I will one day hunt down who coined the line…for Lays and award him with a ream of bubble wrap.. “No one can eat just one.” Sheer brilliance hides in those lines.

Perfectly describing the greed that lurks under all our skins, and easily pointing out to all those who open a packet of chips, look around and if they see no one,quickly stuff three four more in their, lubricated mouths, noisily crunching away. Racing against time, and using their keen hunting prowess to train their ears to the audible signs of human presence. Quickly returning to the slow polite chew, a soft munch and a dainty pick at the first sign of company.

Will I ever tell you if I do that???From my own mouth??? Guilty only when proven, I say.

But moving back to packing.

I should tell you the idea of moving my scattered books, and the compacting of those peaks that keep getting restructured in my cupboard owing to my daily quest for clothes beginning at base camp,..Ahhh!!holds very little appeal.

My last move saw the packers form a Human chain from me at the head of the peaks down to the little unassuming shapeless, sorry square is a shape(we live in a politically correct world, god forbid I am held responsible for hurting the box’s feelings), so Yes square brown box. (There… I used the word BROWN)

Our Human chain kept feeding the box till the poor things stomach could just about manage to close its lips, and still manage to look overstuffed.

And so we moved from clothes, to shoes, to dressing table.Each time,I hopped around ignoring the rounded eyes of the packers, which were saucers due to their lack of grasping the capacity of absorbing a girls things, one tiny little room has.
I can tell you if there was a cranny I had it stacked and that day we got it packed.

I resist change in life, I am a comfort hogger,a sofa sloucher, I love watching one scenery out of my kitchen window, And when I leave a house, I say bye to the window that saw me grow up a little bit more, I cry at train stations for the thoughts I thought framed against the window, sipping hot milk now graduated to hot tea. Mostly it was all about boys I would miss, but who is counting the depth of emotions of a ten year old or a thirteen.(Though even now after fifteen years it’s still mostly about boys. extrapolate the emotional graph.)

I get attached to the dip in the mattress; I also get attached to the ritual of bathing according to particular peculiarities that are unique to each bathroom.

Surprising, but I left a house every two years, for the first 18 years of my life.

Thankfully we took our dogs with us every time or maybe I would have just planted roots and sunk them down the very same window.

I should be used to moving, but I am like I said a change resistor and what gets me through it, is the excitement awaiting at the other end.

And in all these years of moving around I have figured, if there is none at the other end, and you are just packing to move on. Move on in life, move on without your dogs, move on without the things that anchor you. Move on without the promise of an exciting day next day.Then the mundane madness, the slow boring murderous chaos of packing will effectively therapeutically, numb you top to bottom, but just, until you find the Bubble wrap beneath your fingers again.

No comments:

Post a Comment