Pages

Saturday 19 May 2012

DANCE AS THOUGH NO ONE IS WATCHING

Dance as though no one is watching,Oh do I try!!!


As a gift to my self,I joined a dance class,considering I chatter nineteen to a dozen,best to stick to a dance which tells 'Katha's',or tales of ancient India.KATHAK.(not that i knew the meaning then  but that was the dance available at the time.)


It does seem appropriate because i have recently been on a blaze of reading mythological books.Ashok Banker,Chitra Banerjee variety.


On entering the class,I tried my humblest looks because I have seen people become prostrate in front of their guru's and I sat in on a class.P.S. post having made a fee deposit.and I sat on the Takhat with my guru.O!! dear!!!! but pardon my ignorance,i didn't realize that one cannot be on the same plane as the guru.
though I must say it was a self realisation,and I did not find myself kicked off the dais...in front of little five year old feet.
It struck me when someone walked in and went and sat on the ground,and i was there on my imperious perch.trying to figure out,how those young things could move their feet like that.slap BANG! SLAP!pirouette!!!And before you know...CLAP!.


Did someone say five year olds....ahem!!! did i mention my age!!!!(hah! i think not)


well at the end of the class,the Guru,(I'm on day two still don't know his name.(a young buoy))
said leave behind your 'sharam' and your 'ego' and you too shall dance.


P.S also leave behind jeans,this dance is only for the Indian suited.


So with all the earnestness and hopefully dedication, in my voice I intoned that it shall be so.


till DAY 1.lets stumble on.

No comments:

Post a Comment