Pages

Thursday 19 September 2013

ANT-ik TROUBLE

Have you ever given a thought to annihilating a trail of ants????

In all my happy sunshiny years I had never given it a thought.For me there are two sides of the fence, one is my side , which is the plaintiff,and the other is of course the offending side,the ants.

And being my court of justice, I at some stage in life having passed the judgment of ' found guilty',have been swatting them out of edges of the bed, trailing militarily along kitchen ledges,and sometimes most visibly hanging off my chocolate boxes.(could I be presented as a temptress for having aired them in public?)

And if I can swat all human offenders away from my chocolates then these are merely ants?

“But swatting them kills the ants”,wailed one of my friends,who could happily have been one of the guilty parties,as he was responsible for all the food strewn across my bed.
“look at these fellows”he mewled,simultaneously stopping me from going after another formation.,”they are just going about searching for food,and there it is, they are just happily doing their job”,he justified their most itchy presence on my bed.

All good and kind of him to say so,but I was wishing I had swatted him off as well as I woke numerously at night to kill off a few other formations, that had been granted bail, at the behest of their defensive lawyer in the afternoon,but continuing with their scavenging behavior even in the absence of the sweetly presence (mine excepted),I Thought my massacre justified.


Do I think of myself as unkind? Do I berate myself at the ruthlessness I show?

I wish I could say his words acted as enzyme for my coming off age puerile murderous self, but sadly I state, that as far as ants are concerned I now stock even more deadlier weapons off mass destruction, than my hands. Sprays of all kinds that could knock off cockroaches (convince them to go out of the house to finally rest in peace), mosquitoes(another offending cousin),and of course ants.

So no It did not bring about a life altering chain of events, however he immortalized himself in my memory, by associating himself as an ant lawyer, he will forever knock my head with his speech whenever I commit the crime. (Though not guiltless now.Every single time his head and his horrified expressions grow in their saintly proportions,I fear they could pop one day and fill  my entire existence, then maybe you would see a saintly me, sitting atop an ant hill meditating despite ant itches,but that also is a long long way off till then,I happily swat them out till god catches me out!!!!!)










No comments:

Post a Comment